For more information
About Laser Treatment
Pigmentation or dark patches can be a result of numerous factors such as age or sun exposure and can often difficult to treat. However using the latest in innovative laser technologies these dark blemishes can be significantly reduced, leaving you with a brighter, clear and more even complexion.*
What can it treat?
- Age spots
How does it work?
By exposing a pigmented lesion or dark spot to short pulses of visible light, the highly concentrated area of pigment know as melanin can shatter. The pigment is then absorbed by the body, making the dark patches significantly less visible.*
Am I suitable for the treatment?
Treatment is suitable for most people. However, prior to treatment a consultation is mandatory during which a medical history and assessment of the desired treatment area is carried out. This will then allow the practitioner to determine suitability for treatment, how many sessions required and the expected results.
What can I expect during and after treatment?
Depending on your skin type (and the lesion being treated) some redness and swelling may be visible, but will usually subside around 48 hours after treatment. A normal response is that the treated area may appear darker and flake around 5-7 days later. During treatment, some patients may feel a mild discomfort, but there isn’t any need for numbing agents or anaesthetic. The treatment is quick and effective, usually requiring around 3-6 sessions once every 4-6 weeks.
- Immediately after treatment, there may be redness and swelling at the treatment area, this may feel like mild sunburn. Pigment will become darker and form into a scab. This is a normal effect of treatment.
- The application of a cool pack during the first few hours after treatment will reduce any discomfort
- The application of aloe vera gel can continue at home
- Makeup may be used immediately after the treatment unless there is epidermal blistering. (Preferably mineral make up)
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation or darker pigmentation
- Use sunscreen SPF 50 at all times
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin
- Avoid hot baths and heat treatments including exercise for the first 24 hours.
For more information
Laser & Co.
Dorridge, Solihull, B93 8BY
Get In Touch
"From start to finish my Clear Lift treatment was first class. Bryony was friendly, professional and talked me through each stage of the treatment and gave me thorough aftercare treatment advice to give me the best results. I could see the difference in my skin after the first session it just started to glow! I cant wait to go back and see the results after my second treatment!"
"I visited Laser & Co and firstly started with the removal of my tattoo, which after the first session has faded massively! I also had the ClearSkin treatment which reduced all the redness of my spots instantly after treatment, my skin was glowing and I received so many compliments I would definitely recommend both treatments."
"I've had my first ClearLift facial at Laser & Co and I was amazed by the results; during the treatment I also had some red capillaries treated , they disappeared almost immediately, and the results improved further after a couple of days. The treatment was also very quick - I am planning to have these regularly during lunch-breaks!"